Okay... so suffice to say that I am onboard with recovery nutrition... so what do I do? Well... there are a bunch of options out there to choose from.... but one constant is that the post workout nutrition should contain both carbohydrates and protein at roughly a 4:1 ratio... OH CRAP... I didn't know there was going to be math involved... not to worry... there are products out there already designed to help take the math out of it.
I have tried a bunch of options... and given my body more readily accepts fluids over food following a hard workout has pushed me towards the fluid solution... one of my personal favorites is simply low fat chocolate milk but I am not always in the mood for that when I am hot and sweaty... in comes Fluid Recovery (http://www.livefluid.com/)... I tried the Berry Treasure flavor... and comparing to some of the other options I have tried I can tell you that this stuff really works...
- 100% Natural
- Easy to mix
- Leaves no residue
- Tastes fantastic (when cold)
- Does NOT contain artificial ingredients, colors, or flavors
- Gluten-free complex carbohydrates and all natural fruit sugar to restore muscle energy levels
- Lactose-free whey protein isolate to repair, rebuild, and generate new lean muscle tissue
- L-Glutamine (2500mg) to repair muscles and help manage inflammation preventing aches, pains, and soreness
- Key electrolytes sodium and potassium to help restore electrolyte balance
- Immune boosting Vitamin C to support a stressed immune system
- Has a nice carb to protein ratio (25g to 7g) NO MATH!
- Easy to consume when hot and sweaty
- IT WORKS!
- Could come in smaller tub to save cabinet space
- Tastes okay (when not cold)
- Has "Baby formula" powder aroma when mixed with water and warm
It works for me... I like the flavor better than others I have tried... win/win in my book!